Senior Software Developer (back-end)
NR REF.: 1139312
Your new company
The Swiss based ( ~30 person) cyber-security company that has been providing secure mobile collaboration solutions for governments and enterprises. The organisation is during set-up of Warsaw's office.
Your new role
This role is key to contribute to create, develop and fine-tune company products. It requires strong technical skills coupled with resilience, enthusiasm, and drive. Strong collaboration with the rest of the team is required, as well as a can-do and team player attitude.
- Develop new features and functionalities for backend system, which is composed of and based on Linux OS (CentOS/RedHat), advanced C++/Java/golang/Spring-based architecture, open and proprietary encryption layers & communication protocols
- Define and formalise the blueprint for new functionalities in accordance with the product roadmap and in collaboration with the development team.
- Improve the software performance and quality based on multithreading and event-based architecture.
- Maintain and extend a large source code.
- Create documentation for features, according to the requirements from the Product team.
- Collaborate with the QA/Testing team to create high quality test cases.
- Code reviews of the other team members and effort estimation for the upcoming feature builds.
- Improve the software performance and quality through design patterns, bug fixing, app performance profiling and instrumentation.
- Implement architecture POCs and create documentation for new features according to the requirements defined by the Product Manager.
- Participate in existing software development processes.
- Learn, grow, and develop in a team of motivated and highly driven software development professionals.
- Any other functions, in addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, reasonably required by the line manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- 12+ years of software development including 5+ years programming in C++, general knowledge of Java/Golang (ideally 3+years programming in Java/golang),
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL) and No-SQL (Couchbase) databases, and (ideally) Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) framework (Hibernate).
- Ability to test code and participate in code reviews with other team members.
- Good knowledge of GitLab and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Good knowledge in networking and network protocols & concepts (TCP/UDP/TLS/WebSocket/Protobuf)
- Good knowledge in real time communication systems (e.g., WebRTC, VoIP, messaging) software development.
- Solid experience with Agile software development practices.
- Structured and synthetic approach to software development.
Nice to have:
- Experience in network security and applied cryptography is a strong plus.
- Experience with modern open source messaging (NATS, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, etc.) is a strong plus.
What you'll get in return
- Possibility to take a part in launching brand new Warsaw office.
- Contract of employment or B2B and attractive remuneration (17-25k gross)
- Innovative projects, products and technologies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.