Join Intel and build a better tomorrow.
Intel's Ethernet Products Group (EPG), a part of our Connectivity organization, is growing! Learn more about the Team here: https://tiny.pl/7jpwm
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer, interested in low-level system operations. We create user-space applications, Linux kernel drivers, modify internal kernel operations, sometimes also get involved in boot-time hardware configuration.
In this role you will participate in creating next-generation networking components, with strong focus on performance (100 Gbps+) and stability, have a chance to contribute to Linux kernel development. You will participate in design and development of new hardware products, work with pre-production hardware and get familiar with aspects of IT not many people are aware of.
This position is eligible for either on-site or remote work.
Important for us:
- Strong programming skills, at least 5 years of demonstrated proficiency in C / C++ development in a Linux environment
- Understanding of computer architecture, OS internals and networking is essential
- Practical knowledge of Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet)
- Understanding Linux programming concepts (threads, shared memory and other IPC, kernel driver interface)
- General understanding of x86 processor architecture and concepts like virtual memory and paging
- Being comfortable switching tasks or managing multiple tasks at the same time
- Solid written and verbal skills for expressing ideas, explaining concepts and persuading peers
Nice to have:
- Experience in C programming,
- Experience in device driver development,
- Experience in Linux kernel development,
- Experience in protocol stack development/enhancements (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP/IP),
- Experience in Linux socket layer development/enhancements, including network virtualization,
- Experience in debugging network protocols,
- Comfortable with using PCI analyzers and Ethernet analyzers.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electrical Engineering (or similar) or equivalent professional experience
At Intel, employees share successes, enjoy comprehensive rewards and are inspired by an innovative & inclusive workplace.
What can you expect when there is a match between us?
High level of visibility, credibility and empowerment you can take for granted.
You will own and drive several projects and initiatives, run on various organizational levels.
- You will be working with the newest technology worldwide, 5G and future products
- You will be a part of our big R&D Center in Gdańsk
- You will be working across a group of professionals
- We guarantee you will be working in a safe environment, in an Organization which profoundly understands the current health situation worldwide. Either at your own home, or in our premises if needed, the security and wellbeing of you and your family stands as our utmost responsibility.
- You will have constant opportunities to develop your professional career through technical and soft skills trainings, taking part in innovation projects or rotational programs
- Also flexible working hours are important for us
- And our Amazing Benefits to make life easier and more enjoyable are waiting for you:
Stock Program, Annual and Quarterly Bonuses, Employee Pension Plan, Medical Plan and life insurance for you and your Family, Peer to peer recognition, Ticket restaurant Card, Multisport Card / Holiday card, Groups of enthusiasts, exclusive employee discounts, (online) events and many more.