Our People & Places Solutions business -- reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do -- the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology -- we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 1700 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -- today and into tomorrow.
As an Accounts Receivable Accountant you will be joining our in-house corporate accounting department. You will become an important part of our global team by providing accounting support to the project delivery efforts for our clients and internal teams.
As an Accounts Receivable Accountant, you will:
- Research and process incoming wire transfers
- Research incoming checks and prepare desktop deposits
- Apply daily payments to client invoices
- Process overpayment/rate adjustment/refund check requests
- Assist in firm-wide Oracle A/R support for upgrades and conversions
- Apply varied regional cash receipts
- Respond to A/R questions
- Provide ad-hoc reports as needed
- Clear AR rounding balance which shows up in AR Aging report
- Be a custodian of AR remittance documentation and provide document support if case of audit request
- Update daily cash book for client remittance in order for the regional finance to monitor and get real time visibility of the cash position
- Update receipt log for entities to reflect withholding deduction for VAT purposes
- Support Junior AR Accountants
- Degree in Finance or Accounting (Preferred Master's degree), equivalent major or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting, preferably in AR department
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Willingness to support different time zones will be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- International working environment and unique company culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic team
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package including medical care, insurance, sport activities and other