Who are we?
Headquarters Multinational Corps Northeast (HQ MNC NE) is a NATO Headquarters located in Szczecin.
J-6 Staff Division is responsible for planning and managing policies within areas of communication information systems (CIS) and cyber defence. It offers real life CIS support for Headquarters staff in peacetime, during exercises and during field headquarters deployment.
We are offering a job on the position of Senior Specialist IT
What are the responsibilities?
- Planning and executing the configuration and providing expertise of all active network equipment
- Monitoring permanently new telecommunications technologies
- Advising and actively participating in the decision making process on all communications matters
- Mapping operational communication requirements into a technical architecture of links, circuits, bandwidth management devices, gateways and interfaces, integrating NATO, national military and commercial available assets
- Preparing technical specifications for communications equipment acquisition or rental
- Coordinating and conducting negotiation of formal technical agreements, protocols and memoranda of understanding between HQ and commercial, NATO, and national civil or military agencies
- Cooperating with NCIA in technical solutions to implement secure and non-secure voice, fax, data and VTC communication services
- Supporting the integration of voice and data connectivity requirements in a global communication solution
- Providing technical liaison and co-ordination with other Communication Engineers residing in external CIS agencies/organizations
What are the requirements?
- University degree in IT or Communications or related discipline
- Very good command of English written and spoken
- At least 5 years’ experience in Information Systems Engineering and Maintenance
- Knowledge of System Analysis principles to direct and guide Information Systems development and management
- CISCO Certified Network Associate Routing&Switching (CCNA) Certification
- Advance understanding of Local Area Network (LAN)/ Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies, Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet protocol (IP)Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet protocol (IP)
- Advance understanding of routing and switching protocols and associated standards
- Advance understanding of power cabling and associated sub-systems, grounding and bonding, copper based structure cabling, an advance understanding of fibre based structured cabling, working understanding of fibre optic modems, line drivers, media convectors
- Good Working knowledge of system network troubleshooting techniques utilizing complex and diverse test equipment and software tools.
- Technical knowledge of military and commercial communication means
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems would be an advantage as well as
- Working knowledge of server and client technologies. Microsoft Active Directory implementations, Microsoft Exchange and VMware Virtualization
We offer you a full-time job with an employment contract. We ensure pleasant working conditions in a friendly, international environment as well as an opportunity to increase your professional skills.