You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work -- all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment. Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. With facilities in Europe, the United States and Asia, Eurofins Genomics is an internationally leading provider of DNA sequencing services, genotyping services, DNA synthesis products and bioinformatics services for pharma, diagnostics, food, agriculture, biotechnological and research markets.
Head of Competences and Standards (C&S)
The Head of C&S is a part of the IT Quality Assurance Section and leads the 5 Competences teams, Application, Compute DC, Endpoints and Network. As such the Head of C&S is responsible for the set up, implementation and facilitation of IT Infrastructure Standards, Reporting and issue resolution focus across Infrastructure competences and services, especially for new transformational technologies (such as Office365 etc.). They will manage the overall team assignments and utilization, ensure critical deliverables are completed in time and provide transparency to Group IT Management and other stakeholders. The Head of C&S is the trusted expert for the review of new Technologies and the lifecycle management of the established technologies pertaining to the 5 Competences.
- Contribute to the design of new and existing IT Infrastructure environments, in accordance with the relevant internal policies.
- Analyse User and System requirements as submitted by the IT Crews.
- Recommend alternative Technologies and Improvements as part of the multi-vendor strategy or as part of regular lifecycle management.
- Plan integration of different IT Components and Services.
- Evaluate projects and deployment architectures proposed by other teams based on standardized IT Components and Services.
- Cooperate closely with the IT Infrastructure & Operations, Architecture and Security Managers.
- Ensure that performance, scalability, and security aspects are optimized during the design.
- Deliver quality documentation and standards allowing for smooth transition of built elements to operations.
- Contribute expert IT knowledge to all IT infrastructure related topics to ensure the creation of reliable, secure IT Infrastructure to support the Eurofins Business.
- Support the existing policies and processes to govern the efficient and secure use of established technologies and the introduction of new technologies.
- Identify, document, and promote best practices for IT infrastructure architecture and be a key contributor to continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and performance of the IT Infrastructure service.
- Conduct and participate in infrastructure projects and proof of concepts/proof of values initiatives.
Cost and Budget ManagementManage the OPEX and CAPEX cost vs. budget related to the GSC IT Infrastructure Competences and Standards team in the current period within includes the justification and/or correction of deviations. Create the budget (planning and justification) for future periods as per the Eurofins Finance processes.
- Work with Competence & Standards Architecture Teams to initiate priority projects according to the roadmap of each C&S team.
- Develop, review and approve the team's road map and deliverables including staffing, scoping, budget and timeline
- Facilitate issue resolution and drive decision making process across relevant stakeholder group
- Technology areas are all infrastructure areas, but proven experience required in at least two areas out of
- Modern Workspace
- Networking technologies and topologies
- Identity and Life Cycle Management
- Data Centre and computing
- Non-Technical areas
- Support implementing and improving IT Infrastructure Service Quality KPIs
- Support implementing and improving Budget, Cost and effort controls for C&S including team development and training
- Management Reporting to IT Management as well as to Sponsors
- Collaboration with external and internal customers and providers
- Operational management of the Competence and Standards teams. Assignments' completion as per the priorities defined and defined.
- Being trusted point of contact for internal customers, vendors, group IT crews and IT management for all IT Technology lifecycle topics
- Managing processes of designing new IT technologies on a group level. Supervising the projects and initiatives to enhance the current IT landscape of the organization.
- Handling all HR-related activities together with proper people management. Recruiting, onboarding and training project managers and other project, program and team members
- Proven excellence in managing "solid line" reporting relationships for small teams. (3-5 years of experience).
- Experience in customer facing roles (5+ years of experience).
- Proven analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational design and coordination skills. (5+ years of experience)
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service mind-set.
- 5 years of experience as IT Infrastructure Architect
- Expert knowledge at least one common IT Infrastructure Technology
- Solid experience in Technology Lifecycle Management
- Basic knowledge in ITIL methodologies and Service Management.
- Familiar with state-of-the-art infrastructure services, especially in Networking, Data Centre, Cloud, AD, Applications, Identity Management, Modern Workspace
- Proven ability to work with standard collaboration tools
- Broad understanding of data model, systems, and processes design
- Master's degree in Information Technology
- 2-5 years of work experience in a similar function
- Emotional Intelligence Training is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge for MS Office applications.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of ITIL, minimum Foundation level, ideally higher.
What can we offer you?
Want to know more about us?Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 61,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 940 laboratories in 59 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR €6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- A competitive salary package and bonus;
- Medical and life insurance;
- Extensive on-the-job coaching and training opportunities;
- Challenges within a multi-cultural and cross-regional team as part of the international and fast-growing Eurofins organization;
- A dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are highly encouraged;
- Possibility for remote working and flexible working hours.