VP of Engineering
NR REF.: 1139307
Your new company:
The Swiss based ( ~30 person) cyber-security company that has been providing secure mobile collaboration solutions for governments and enterprises. The organisation is during set-up of Warsaw's office.
Your new role:
- Build from a scratch and manage a high performing technical team to help put company's products in the hands of customers all around the globe.
- Work closely with the product team to understand all customer requirements including features, functions and technical requirements to build high quality software solutions that support company customers.
- Build and manage a highly technical team of software and DevOps engineers.
- Actively participate in and contribute to product strategy and business goals.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard an engineering team from a wide variety of disciplines.
- Follow software development & SecDevOps best practices.
- Design and implement an Agile environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Higher IT related education.
- 12+ years of software development experience, including 5+ years in managing software development teams
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience in various programming languages (including both client and back-end components), ideally including but not limited to mobile/web platforms.
- Good understanding of design for scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
- Demonstrable experience as a manager growing and managing software engineering teams and launching software products.
- Good knowledge of GitLab and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Good knowledge in networking and network protocols & concepts (TCP/UDP/TLS/WebSocket/Protobuf)
- Good knowledge in real time communication systems (e.g., WebRTC, VoIP, messaging) software development.
- Experience in network security and applied cryptography is a strong plus
- Solid experience with Agile software development practices.
- Structured and synthetic approach to software development.
- Strong communication, management, team building and issue resolving skills.
- Good knowledge of English, German, French or other languages a plus.
What you'll get in return:
- Possibility to take a part in launching brand new Warsaw office.
- Contract of employment and attractive remuneration (25 - 35k gross)
- Innovative projects, products and technologies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.