NBC is a polish company with over 10 years of experience in team building and IT outsourcing. We employ over 350 specialists in various industries in Polish and foreign projects. Most of our employees are highly experienced specialists (mainly Developers and QA). You can meet us at technological meetups organized by us (ProMeet).
We are expanding our team, therefore we are looking for specialists in Krakow for the position: Big Data Engineer (with Hadoop)
DUTIES AT THE POSITION:
- Developing data analytical platform,
- Designing of Storage and Processing layers,
- Developing data processing pipelines, optimizing ETL jobs, building a proper data model for the Data warehouse,
- Checking the performance of the solutions,
- Designing and coding efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems for large work efforts of medium complexity,
- Collaborating with architects, developers and product team and present alternative approaches to complex problems,
- Document techniques/approaches, process flow diagrams and data models as required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- At least 3 years of programming experience with at least 1 year in Big Data area,
- Knowledge of Scala or Java, SQL, J2EE & databases like Oracle and/or SQL Server,
- Hands-on experience in developing systems/applications with: Hadoop ecosystem (Hortonworks or Cloudera), Map Reduce Pig, Hive, Sqoop and Flume,
- Experience with any ETL tool,
- Understanding of Partitioning and Distribution concepts,
- Experience with troubleshooting performance issues, SQL tuning etc.,
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence and IntelliJ,
- Good knowledge of English (at least B2 level).
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spark, Spark Streaming and Kafka,
- Knowledge of Cassandra and HBASE.
- Competitive salary,
- MultiSport and Medicover cards,
- Various projects,
- Access to the Treehouse training platform,
- Preparation program for public appearances (at meetups and conferences),
- In-house free English classes,
- Training budget,
- Ergonomic workplaces with all necessary tools and equipment,
- Relocation package.