Podsumowanie / Job summary:
The Product Sustaining Engineer will provide product design support for the production of various types of products, ensuring business continuity, prompt resolution of product quality or compliance issues, and due attention to ad hoc requests from various internal stakeholders.
Opis stanowiska / Job description:
- Apply a systematic approach to understand, troubleshoot, resolve, and validate solutions for problems in mechanical and electromechanical systems;
- Support internal customers to ensure business continuity around supplier transitions, plant transitions, material nonconformances, substitution requests, etc.;
- Drive activities to evaluate current products for cost improvement opportunities and execute such projects to deliver productivity savings for the business;
- Support new product development projects from concept through implementation, serving as a local expert and core facilitator between product design and production operations;
- Evaluate customer inquiries regarding compatibility questions or requests for product specials; execute related projects upon approval;
- Review returned products to identify failure modes and root causes; develop and execute corrective action plans with Quality Department;
- Ensure design robustness and consistent product quality through engineering diligence and comprehensive validation testing;
- Follow established business and engineering processes/standards; identify improvement opportunities and drive related changes;
- Work cooperatively within a cross-functional team and with other cross-functional stakeholders; communicate regularly within the organization;
- Generate ideas for potential new solutions or product enhancements and propose to appropriate stakeholders in the business;
- Promote and support the continuing digital transformation of the business and the evolution of its engineering activities, including adoption of new digital tools and processes to improve team collaboration, reduce product development cycle time, and facilitate downstream operational activities.
Kogo szukamy / Profile description:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline;
- 3 years or more of relevant technical experience;
- Experience in mass production environment preferred;
- English language fluency (mandatory written and verbal);
- Mechanical system design, analysis, and optimization;
- Technical analysis, problem-solving, and risk management;
- Proficiency with CAD/PDM systems and other engineering tools;
- Knowledge of various manufacturing technologies and a mass production environment;
- Understanding of quality systems and methodologies;
- Project management;
- Creative thinking and ingenuity;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Personal learning and professional growth.
Oferujemy / We offer:
- The unique opportunity to gain experience in a global production company - a leader in the industry sector;
- Participation in developing new projects and creating cross-functional cooperation culture;
- Attractive remuneration package.