Luxoft is looking for a senior software engineer who would be working with our Customer - one of the world's largest investment management companies. Based in Southern California, our client manages close to $2 trillion in assets and is working with Luxoft in a full-scale upgrade of their technology. We are looking for talented and ambitious people to work on the engagement in Luxoft ODC office in Krakow. It's a high potential engagement with opportunity to expand our reach into a large share of their new and existing business.
The project goal is to rewrite one of existing applications including re-platforming to AWS as well as adding significant functional changes and integrations with the other Client's applications. Above goals will be distributed among 3 dev teams.
- Work in a SCRUM team, close with client and business analysts, be able to quickly understand the new requirements and helps to identify the changes to the system.
- Develop and present recommendations from analysis of current solution. Assist in code peer reviews, build and test functional enhancements.
Identify areas for code refactoring. Review and contribute to development process and procedures to assist in the continual improvement of the development team activities.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for fullstack development of Java and Typescript code to meet specifications and designs and using best practices. Development of a world-class web services code-base.
- Effort estimation and task breakdown - estimating cost of implementing new changes and identifying risk.
- 5+ years commercial development experience
- backend experience:
- Java 8+
- Messaging (JMS/Kafka/RabbitMq) is desirable
- QueryDSL is desirable
- DevOps experience:
- Linux, Bash
- AWS, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes is a plus
- Python is a plus
- DBMS experience:
- Strong SQL knowledge must have
- Postgres/Oracle experience is desirable
- Development paradigms and best practice: GoF, SOLID, etc.
- Tests coverage metrics understanding
- Passionate about software development
- Committed for deadlines, self-organized, client-oriented
- Good communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Competitive salary
- Luxoft Training Center
- Access to e-learning Library
- Individual development plans
- Long-term cooperation with possibility to gain experience in different projects and technologies
- A significant number of professional communities (Agile Community, Tech Community, Business Analysis Community, etc.)
- Group Life Insurance
- Private healthcare insurance -- LuxMed. Unlimited access to specialist consultations with Dental Care included
- Medical costs reimbursement for employees (up to certain amount per quarter)
- Travel Insurance
- Benefit Program - Cafeteria and Multisport Card
- Various communities (sport, recreation activities, trips, board games, cultural and educational activities)
- Discounts program for employees -- BeLux (banking offer, car leasing offer and cafeteria program discount)
- Convenient locations in a modern offices with game rooms
- Multinational projects for clients all over the world