Our client provides top tech product teams on-demand, individual software development contractors and IT consultants. They help startups, scale-ups, and enterprises all over the globe build, grow, and scale digital products.
Client wide network of hundreds of tech veterans combines on-site talent, off-site collaborators, and top software houses.
Now we are lookning:
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience, including working with classic template-based RoR frontend
- Experience with:
- upgrading Ruby and Rails versions
- both starting projects from scratch and working with existing code
- building e-commerce apps
- Strong command of English (CEFR C1)
- Experienced with understanding and producing technical documentation and conducting a conversation
- Understanding of Scrum methodologies (experience working in an Agile environment)
- 5+ years of total experience working as a software developer
- Experience with Shopify
- Basic DevOps skills, ability to set up/maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Employment based on B2B contract
- Attractive salary
- Stabile, long-term employment
- Interesting subject of the project
- Project is a set of applications that sell Japanese products in the UK and beyond. Applications are a complete solution and contain a b2c customer-facing website.
- Main applications are written in Ruby on Rails and utilize Shopify and some external services, like Google Analytics, Google Ads, Mailchimp and some external custom applications. Mobile apps are built with React Native and Google Cloud Functions (NodeJS) and utilize GraphQL API from a main Ruby on Rails app and a Firestore database.
- Most of the apps are in need of technical maintenance (Ruby and Rails versions are a bit behind) and some DevOps work (there will be a dedicated on-demand DevOps helping).
- We are looking for someone who can commit to the project full time and who has the best Ruby on Rails development practices at fingertips.