Our People & Places Solutions business -- reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do -- the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology -- we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 1700 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -- today and into tomorrow.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Highway Engineer, taking responsibility for the delivery of a range of challenging and ultimately rewarding projects.The principal function of the Senior Engineer is to manage highway-related international projects, to assist in developing the business and to mentor other members of staff.
- Managing highway-related projects from conceptual stages through all phases of pre- and post-contract activities
- Technical responsibility for the development and delivery of highway schemes
- Use highway proprietary design software such as MX, In Roads, AutoCAD and/or MicroDrainage
- Responsibility for project delivery and may undertake the role of technical lead on a range of highways related projects
- Mentoring Highways design staff
- Relevant accredited engineering degree at Bachelor or (preferably) Masters level
- Chartered status of an appropriate institution
- Good command of English
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects
- High degree of technical independence
- Knowledge in the area of Highways design, in particular a high level of Autodesk Civil 3D
- Knowledge in the use of Bentley MX and / or InRoads will be an advantage
- A comprehensive understanding of the UK codes, DMRB and MCHW would be an advantage
- An understanding of BIM would be an advantage
- An understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works, including experience of producing Designer Risk Assessments and designer responses to Road Safety Audits
- Long term project programs and work commitments
- Full time employment contract
- Attractive benefits package and flexible working hours
- Personal development opportunities and possibility to work in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic and developing team based on mutual trust and respect
- Work in a group of talented and experienced engineers and world-class experts